Ever wish there was an easier way to access government instead of using traditional, outdated websites and being on hold with city hall for hours?
The County of San Diego has made it easy for residents to access government services with a series of apps to enhance convenience. Some of these apps include:
- Tell Us Now – An app for residents to report non-emergency problems including pricing and scales, air quality, and code compliance.
- SD Emergency – An emergency preparedness app that provides tools to prepare and respond to the unexpected.
- VAPP: The Veterans App – Designed by Veterans for Veterans, this app targets the needs of service members and their families, particularly as it relates to the transition to civilian life.
- Fight The Bite – The goal of this app is to assist the County Vector Control Program in fighting the West Nile virus through the use of anonymous reporting.
- Pay Property Taxes – A mobile site that allows residents to pay taxes at any time, from any location.
- Know your H20 – A self-assessment that allows residents to evaluate knowledge of best practices for improving water quality.
The creation of this suite of apps shows the County’s dedication to user need and experience. Free in both the Apple Store and Google Play, San Diego County makes resources accessible to almost every resident. With nearly 90% of the American population owning cellular devices, connecting with communities through this technology is essential to citizen engagement and utilization of services more frequently and on a long-term basis.